Wednesday, July 23, 2014

ODES TO THE DIVINE MOTHER...By Markus Ray

A Labor of Love for 3 Years


Over three years ago I began a journey of writing these Odes to the Divine Mother. It began in Bali. It began with an inspiration from the young Legong dancers who were the impetus for the Odes, who formed the Muse of this sacred intimation and outpouring. 365 Odes later....I am coming to the Flower of this journey...and soon these will be available for the public. I have been placing them here and there, on my Facebook, and on ART LOOK, and in e-mails to my friends. Here it is in keeping with this urge to share, I post the first Ode, along with the "feet of my Master" who most represents the Divine Mother Energy to me in my everyday life, my wife and consort, SONDRA RAY....on our wedding day.



1.
I Am At Your Feet

I am at Your feet, forever at Your feet. To me that is higher than Mt. Everest. You are beyond the stars, so Your toes are the very galaxies I cannot comprehend. To touch them is to rise higher than I have ever gone. To leave this world a moment in my contemplation of You is to travel light years past my familiar places, past the planets of this solar system, past my place on earth in this small body of flesh and bone, into another realm of Divine perfection. I cannot fathom You, but nonetheless my certainty grows of Your omnipresent existence in everything I can sense, and in everything so far beyond what I can sense. Even my thought falls short of conceiving Your immensity. I am silenced for a while in gratitude, knowing Your tender loving care surrounds me in all time and space—Your caresses upon my soul reassure my child, walking ahead of You, that my Mother will always be there, just a half step behind me, to guide my steps and cushion any fall. O Mother, I sing my praises to You as I enter into a New Life. Purge me of all guile, make me Your servant more and more; come into me completely and inspire my Life to be an action of beauty for You. 



 

1 comment: